Hello my dears,
Rainy days can feel like cosy days, especially if we spice it up with one of my winter favourites. I wanted to sweeten your week a little and introduce you to my colorful vegan carrot-ginger soup. I don't know about you, but there is nothing better for me on such days than a healthy, creamy vegetable soup. The carrot-ginger soup is simple, uncomplicated and can be prepared quickly.
Here we go, you need:
1 large onion
2-3 cloves of garlic
50 g ginger
200 ml coconut milk
600 ml vegetable broth
some turmeric powder (optional)
Oat cream (optional to serve)
1. Peel and chop the onions, cloves of garlic and the ginger (I use a vegetable mixer for this). Then put 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a saucepan and fry the chopped ingredients until translucent.
2. Peel the carrots, roughly dice them and put them in the pot. Fry the carrots for about 5 minutes.
3. Add the vegetable broth, the juice of the orange and the coconut milk.
4. Simmer everything for about 15 minutes (until the carrot is soft) and then mix / puree with a hand blender to a creamy mass.
5. Finally, season the soup with salt, pepper and the turmeric powder to taste and serve with a little oat cream.
I hope you enjoy cooking and hope that it tastes just as good to you and your family. Bon Appétit!